The last time I remember I did something to my nails other than just painting them was dotting small polkas… which I seriously don’t consider as any ‘art’ 😀
This Watermelon Nail Art is my baby step at it… hopefully I do more of it in the coming days!
First credits & thanks to Rekha Mohan, who sported this a couple of days back in Facebook…
I thought lemme give it a try too… 😀
Rekha if you are reading this post, thanku for the inspiration, idea & spare me if I messed this up! 🙂
Okay… let’s see what all nail paints I have used –
For the watermelon flesh – Lotus Herbals Color Dew Nail Enamel in Rose Petal
For the watermelon rind – Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel in Electric Green
For the seeds – Maybelline Colorama Cremoso Intenso in Black
Top coat – Jordana Nails Be Strong Strengthener
Steps to reproduce –
I’m sure all of you can make out how to do this simple nail art. Still here it is step by step –
1. Apply base coat. I haven’t used any base coat here.
2. Apply suitable pink shade all over the nails. I just applied only a single coat since, I liked the mild transparency the nails had with it.
3. Once dry, apply the green shade in the nail tips to resemble the watermelon rind.
4. Use a dotting tool to mark the seeds in black. Any dark brown shade also can be used.
I just used a toothpick to dot the seeds.
5. Once dry, apply a top coat.
You got some cool watermelon slices at your disposal….:)
I know mine is a little messy & the seeds could have come a little more neat with some patience of mine.
Nevertheless, I am happy that I made an attempt atleast 🙂
Did you like this simple nail art? Will you be trying this someday?
Also let know some suggestions for easy-peasy nail arts for this beginner…. Thanks..