As you all know, its time for TBS Sunday here in the blog.
Today’s TBS product under scrutiny is – The Body Shop Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser.
Seaweed is a natural marine wonder. The phytonutrients found in seaweed boosts blood flow making your skin soft, smooth, gives it a glow and repairs it as well. The fatty acids contained in seaweed combats skin irritation and inflammation. Seaweed is jam packed with rich therapeutic vitamins, minerals, trace elements, and amino acids.
Price: INR 495 for 200 ml.
Shelf life: 3 yrs.
This cleansing lotion for combination skin re-balances oil. It will not over-dry skin or clog pores.
Massage into skin with fingertips and remove using a clean cotton pad or muslin cloth.
- Removes make-up, impurities and excess oil
I used this cleanser for a few months over the last year.
I wanted to buy a mask actually and well that is another story. The mask didn’t suit me but burnt my cheeks.
Anyways in the bargain the SA recommended this face wash for my combination, sensitive skin.
The Seaweed range is special, because it re-balances oily-combination skin.
Now this cleanser is very gentle and does not lather up much. (which is a good thing!)
The ‘Yay’ factors:
- Good product from a reputed brand
- Suitable for combination, sensitive skin
- Has the goodness of seaweed
- Smells very nice
- Cleanses without drying
- Gives a mattifying effect
- Does not lather much
- Feels like a lotion
- Sturdy packaging
- Travel friendly
The ‘Nay’ factors:
- It is slightly expensive
- Available only at TBS outlets in select malls & select cities
- It does not lather – so that might be a con for some of you
- It does not take off waterproof makeup
- It won’t clean very well if you have tons of even non-waterproof makeup on you
Recommend? – Absolutely. If you have oily-combination or sensitive skin and not looking for a foaming cleanser, go for this.