So I had this Kiehl’s 3-step regime skincare combo that I picked to try out and I had already reviewed Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser for you all in the blog.
Today its the turn of the next step in the regime – Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner.
Price – INR 1390 for 250 ml. (Full size, prices increased now I guess)
What the brand claims –
- Mild yet effective toner for all skin types that will not over-dry or strip skin of its natural oils.
- Helps refine surface texture while providing the ideal preparation for Ultra Facial Cream or Moisturizer.
- Non-alcohol formula gently removes surface debris and remaining residue while hydrating and comforting skin.
- pH-balanced for optimal comfort.
The way I see it –
I use a toner on & off because I forget – but off-late I have started using this regularly, twice a day after cleansing followed by my day or night cream.
Sometimes I forget why I need a toner! Well, it resets the pH balance of your skin after you have cleansed your face. It acts as a humectant to help in the absorption of products put on top of it and lets you skip the use of a serum.
I love this toner. Before this I was using a toner sans alcohol from Clarins. Though it is still in stock, I am really enjoying this one and loving it in conjunction with the other Ultra Facial products.
You don’t have to worry about getting more than what is required for each use. When you try to pour out the toner it kind of comes out like drops. It will drop out when you apply pressure to the bottle so you can figure out how much you need after one or two uses.
I use toner just the way you would an after shave. Squirt some into my palms and then apply it to my face while it is still damp. It works perfectly. If I feel there is some grime still on, then I use the toner on cotton.
The ‘Yay’ factors:
· Mild Formula
· Good for dry skin
· Good for sensitive skin
· Does not sting the skin on application
· It does not contain alcohol
· Balances the pH level of the skin
· Refines the skin surface texture
· Preps the skin for the next step – moisturizer
· Doesn’t make the face sticky after application
· Comes out as droplets with pressure to bottle – no fear of wastage
· Smells alright – very faint
The ‘Nay’ factors:
· Available at select malls in select cities in India
· You may need something a little more potent if u have oily skin/acne prone skin
I’d give this toner a 5/5
Out of all the toners that I have tried, I find this to be the best and I wouldn’t mind spending on a full sized product irrespective of the price.