Summers and flip-flops go hand in hand. I recently tried some DIY Pom Pom Flip Flops that costed me just $3 in all and loved how they turned out.
All you need is a pair of pretty flip flops with some funky prints or even plains ones will do. Jazz up even boring old ones with some bright pom pom balls and you are ready to rock the summers!
Thought of sharing the same through this post, so that you too can try one for yourself this season or next.
Things you need:
- Flip Flops
- Pom pom balls
Points to note:
Waterproof glue is better, so that it can stand some moisture test or when the slippers gets wet accidentally.
Clean up the surface on which you are going to glue the pom pom balls, so that they stick well.
Use clear glue so that it doesn’t show up once dried. Be generous with glue application too.
Steps to follow:
- Apply glue on the strip of the flip flop on one side.
- Start sticking the pom pom balls in random colors or in the color/design pattern you have in mind.
- Slightly press the pom pom balls with your thumb on to the strip so that it fixes and holds well.
- Repeat the same on the other flip flop.
- Let it dry for a couple of hours.
- Press the pom poms gently again to ensure they are sticking well enough.
- Fluff up the pom pom balls with your hands a little bit, before you wear.
Pictorial below for easy reference –
You are all set to rock the beaches in this funky flip flop pair and some bright toe nail paint!
I picked these pair of flip flops from Dollar Tree for just $1 a pair. Those pom pom balls are from Aliexpress for some $1.50 a pack (~ 300 small balls). I used Fevicol All Fix Glue that I got back from India for about INR 30 ($0.50).
In all for just 3 bucks, I had people telling me how I loved what I’m wearing and had me beaming at myself!
You can do this with any kind of footwear, not just your flip flops. Just place the pom poms appropriately, and get your footsies funky.
I hope you liked this DIY Pom Pom Flip Flops idea and will try one for yourself too.
You may be interested in this easy and quick DIY Iron On Patch Dress too.